Monday, October 31, 2005
A Ray of Hope and Kabubbu Community Library partnering with the
youth in Uganda
UNESCO Youth Ambassador
For the culture of Peace
- Develop a Reading Culture, in “Read that Book"
- To develop a habit of Saving, in “Save that Coin, Save that note"
Eleven Reasons why you should Develop a Habit of Saving
Any financial investment is a result of saving. Saving equals investment
- In both short and long-run, saving creates financial security necessary for your prosperity
- Saving ensures you a bright financial future
- Only saved money can save you from borrowing, and ensure you own your finances
- Sooner/later, you’ll find that the ray of financial hope for a young man/woman who has no rich family background lies in saving some of the money that gets in his/her hands
- Saving shall always be the number one step to take to eradiate poverty
- Saving will help you develop other habits necessary for success
- Saving will help you handle any emergencies that would otherwise blow you out if you didn’t have ready money
- Opportunities of success have a habit of flying right to those who have developed a habit of saving
- Saving is a sacrifice, and it can convince you that you can handle any challenges you may meet in your life
- Any other you can think of
- Save a certain amount of all money that gets in your hands. Even out of 100/=, you can save 50/=
- Start now, you can’t drive until you start your car. The sooner you start, the sooner you’ll drive
Ten Reasons you should Develop a reading Culture
Reading widens your scope of knowledge, as well of wisdom
- Reading improves the creativity of your mind
- Reading will help you discover and/develop your talents and skills
- Only when you read shall you be able to effectively lead others. Great leaders are readers
- Good readers are good writers
- Reading will save you from being taken advantage of by others
- Reading will help you better understand “others” so you’ll never have to engage in a fight of any sort
- Reading is a highly productive pastime .
- If you’re at school, reading will help you better understand what you’re taught and also help you pass highly
- Any others you’re thinking of.
“A person with information and knowledge will finally be left with one big beautiful challenge; organizing and directing it to constructive ends”. – Seguya Pius
Indeed, A Ray of Hope is with us, and we can hope for a better future.