Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Uganda - Cambridge School Seguya

 
Uganda Cambridge School Seguya
 
Dear Vickie and Don,
 
I hope you continue to do fine.
 
I delivered the trophies to Cambridge College yesterday and they were grateful as you will see in the letter below from the Headmaster. I took a few photos of the school team recieving the trophies and with the trophies and goats they won in the tournaments recently held. Unfortunately, there is trouble with the camera I used and I can't read the photos off.
 
I was unable to send the T.Shirts given to you by the school as I got to know that Vickie sent visitors after they had already left.
 
The 85 pounds sent to buy the piglets and ducks also arrived and is in the hands of the librarians. If you'll agree, I would like all this money to purchase piglets as when I made my survey, I got just one person interested in ducks. This made me feel that piglets would be more meaningful to the people than ducks. In a short period of time, these should be bought and supplied to the reciepients. 
 
As I mentioned in one of my communications to you, we are to make agreements with the reciepients that they passon a piglet to us to be given to another person once the one they recieved has given birth and weaned off its first young ones. The librarians have agreed to this and will identify serious pontential people within their learners to recieve the piglets. I will also identify around three pontetial people outside the library users.    
 
See below the letter from Zziwa Vicent.
 
Dear Mr. Ambassador,
 
Thanks very much for the nice trophies you sent to us. The students and staff of the college were really very happy for the gesture.
 
You patronage, prayers, and love towards our college have made us to reach high levels of success in both academics and sports. The college perfomed well in last year's national examinations at both "O" and "A" levels.
 
In sports, we emerged 1st ou of the 20 schools in the competition we held in our zone. We won 2 trophies from the Cocacola National Post Primary Cup, and we hope to carry on with the victory until we win the National Cup for this year.
 
The student community wishes to have your flag and proudly walk with it during the matches. May you please send it to us.
 
We also wish to kindly request you to contact us to other schools and where possible to get us used football and netball jerseys.
 
Wishing you a happy Easter.
Zziwa Vicent
 
Beautiful times and best wishes,
Seguya 

No comments:

Collection boxes Aghalee and Aghagallon April, 2024 - Philippines

Many   thanks from A Ray of Hope, UNESCO Youth Ambassador for the Culture of Peace to the proprietors, staff,   and customers of   Aghalee C...