Thursday, November 10, 2005

Romania

Romania - I wish this to be published not to appeal for your assistance but to enlighten you about the thoughts and conditions that some of our friends have to endure. We will of course assist and we have the resources to do that already. I had heard about this young boy after he gave away one of his coats to a child who had none. His home has been visited and all he states is correct. For now we will name this young lad "Hope" and in the near future we will allow some of his Christmas wishes to come true.

PS ............ and yes I had a tear in my eye

Don    

 

Kiss your hands , sweet dear Mrs Laura Ionescu ,

I didn’t think that a simple letter for Santa Claus will bring me so many gifts from you , from your friend from Unesco and from the others .Reading what other members wrote on our forum ,I just wrote there what I would like to receive just as a symbol without guessing what will be next .

Huraaaaaaaaaay ! Santa will come to me full of gifts too ...

Every single child wish to receive many but all I would like to receive is a schoolbag(rucsac )and a pear of warming boots for this winter , a pear of boots so I can walk without getting my feet wet because the snow or rain , and a warming jacket .My mom bought a jacket from a Second Hand Shop but none of them is good for winter and I m feeling cold with them .

I m going to school very clean and nobody from there even guess my financial situation andI would not like them to find because some children and teachers are mean and would laugh about me .

As you already know , my mother has diabetes and she needs a special diet , special food to eat .To buy her what she needs i started to work after hours for a neighbour , to clean his house and yard , to paint his walls .To paint his kitchen and bathroom he was giving me 500 000 lei ( 16$ ) but I caught a strong cold and i had high fever so my mother didn’t let me go for few days .She was against working from the first place because she said I’m just a child and children not suppose to work .She said I m just a child and I would have all my life to work.

So i thank you very very much because thanks to you and your friend i will receive something from Santa Claus too as every other normal child .

I wish you all the best in the world and many many health .

 (name removed by Don

 

Dear Laura Ionescu ,
Excuse my late answer to your second letter but I just arrived to that internet coffee where I am allowed to stay because once in awhile I make cleaning .
I was thinking again and again how and what can I write you and to the others who implied to help me and my mother .Thank you very much because you were thinking about us and want to offer me and my mother some more beautiful winter celebrations than the other years .I read on the forum that you and other few ladies want to bake some cakes for us .You can not believe how happy u make me because my mother didn’t eat a cake from long long time ago .
What can i tell you about my mother?Only that is very very ill , she has many diseas and she s losing weight everyday.The doctors cant explain why she has so many problems as she has and they said that the illness she had doesn’t justify this thing .On the left side, face , hand , arm , are swollen and under her arm appeared something very strange and painful to her ( tumour).From what i understood from my mother and my grandmother s discusions , I think is very very bad .She could make medical investigation to find once for all what she has but , as you know already , this cost a lot and we don’t have money .I would do anything possible to help my mother but not to give interviews or appear on tv because I am too shy and I would lose myself .
What my mother needs? Health !!!This is all i want for my mom .She is a very modest person and she never wanted something special for her , she wears modest clothes but clean ones.I wish i could take her to a good hospital and make all the medical tests she needs to make .I wish I could buy a pear of nice boots to put them under the Christmas Tree but you know , I am afraid that she would not have enough time to wear .
Is so much pain in my soul but is more in my grandmother's soul because my mom is her only child who survived till now .She had other two sons who died and my mother is the only child she has now and is very ill her too .
I was heard about Unesco and Rays of Hope but i didnt know what it is in fact so i searched on Google .It is very big .
Please , can you send my greetings to Mr.Don and thousand of thanks because he was impressed by my story and he wants to help me .I m not good in saying or writing nice words and i think that are too less anyway to show what i feel now .Can you talk in my place , please?I dont know you face to face or personally but I already feel you close and i am sure you have a good feeling soul .A lot of flowers for you !

Yours , (name removed by Don)

No comments:

Nepal - Dental care camp

Nepal - Dental care camp This dental health camp is one day camp for the students of Bal batika school. The main objective of the camp is t...