Friday, January 06, 2006

Laura in Romania

Report from Laura - Liaison for A Ray of Hope Romania.

Laura was asked to visit an orphanage in Bucharest.

All the children there were so beautiful, so lovely and so searching for
love First we called all the kids and gave every one a tree ornament to put
by themselves in the tree .Oh , Don , they eyes were so shining of happiness
! When the tree was ready , I saw the most beautiful Christmas Tree I have
ever seen .

After this , the children gave us a small show with what they know .They
sang a lot of songs , they played some beautiful small shows as dolls , snow
stars , snowmen , snowballs , Santa Claus and angels .I swear they really
looked as angels .I felt in love with a small blonde sweet little boy who
played as an angel .He was only 3 years old .All their costumes and
decorations were made by their hands .Can you believe it?The dolls were
having dresses with l lots of silk , flowers and crinolines like little
ladies from old stories and they were absolutely perfect .Real dolls .The
clowns caught my eyes right away .

After this , a Theatre group called by one of our ladies ,Fun Science ,
offered them a funny show too , very educative .The children were cooperate
with the actors ,The Crazy Doctor and the Indian , and they were laughing
soooo much .

And then the Santa Claus came and give them gifts .Every one told Santa
his/her wish and got his/her present .

Cookies and juices were served to everyone .They were brought by us .

All was like a beautiful evening in a Christmas Day , spend in front of the
fireplace .Like a big family .

Some of us were running to bring the object , to fix something , to do all
we had to do there but finally , all was magnificent .

When I finally arrived home I was sooooooooooooo tired that I couldn't keep
my eyes open .Tired but happy .Today I slept most of the day .

I m sorry that we were not allowed to take pics to show you some .Only one
cam was allowed and I didn't get the pics yet .

Kiss you

Laura

No comments:

Collection boxes Aghalee and Aghagallon April, 2024 - Philippines

Many   thanks from A Ray of Hope, UNESCO Youth Ambassador for the Culture of Peace to the proprietors, staff,   and customers of   Aghalee C...