Thursday, June 21, 2007

Ghana / Nigeria

Dear Don,

 

It's been a while and it's time to give reports of what is going here in Accra, Ghana.

 

I have been here for a week and much have been done.

 

First thing I did in here was to form a team of 8 members consisting of staffs of EXV concept Ghana. EXV concepts is an event manager, marketing firm and consultancy based in Ghana. The team is headed by Phyllis Andoh; she is the Administrative assistant of the Ministry of Education, Science and Sports and Ministry of Manpower, Youth and Employment.

 

We have met to strategize on how we can solicit for funds for iTech. More of this will be communicated as time goes on.

 

For now, we have been moving round secondary schools informing the principals about iTech 2007. They are all excited and all want their students to participate. So we have our targeted audience ready.

 

Sir, I will like you to have a look of the proposal (attached) that we have been using to talk with prospective sponsors. So far, we've met with Mr. Spencer of the Ghana Tourist Board in respect to collaborate with iTech as the theme for this year's iTech is Promoting International Culture and Tourism (ICT) with Information and Communication Technology (ICT).

 

We were at Busy Internet, an ICT company, for space for an office in their company but were told that all the office spaces are filled up and we will be notified as soon as there is an opening. The office space will be given out for $680 per annum. This is a discounted fee exclusively for A Ray of Hope – UNESCO.

 

We were at the University of Legon, Ghana; to inspect the hall that will be allocated to house the children for 14days. We went through the bathrooms and checked if we will need mosquito nets, buckets for water and washing, etc.

 

I have been held handicapped in the aspect of printing the handbills and especially the brochure of this programme.

 

Sir, we need a brochure and I have made a temporary design (attached).

 

Also sir, I'll like to know how you intend to help with this project financially. I understand that A Ray of Hope might not be financially committed but can supply some things we need. I will like you to write on this.

 

I have started reviewing the cost given for the budget and I have started trimming down the costs. I will let you read through the real budget after it is completed.

 

I guess I have to round of here. Please do contact me if there is anything you will like me to do.

 

Have a nice time and mail you soon.

 

Yours truly,

 

Temmylade.

No comments:

Collection boxes Aghalee and Aghagallon April, 2024 - Philippines

Many   thanks from A Ray of Hope, UNESCO Youth Ambassador for the Culture of Peace to the proprietors, staff,   and customers of   Aghalee C...